Everything you need to know about finding a drug rehab centre near you
There is always hope.We are going to tell you everything you need to know about finding a drug rehab centre near you. It does not matter your age, financial situation or length of addiction, there is a safe and trustworthy treatment option near you. As with most decisions in life, when deciding on which course of action you want to take to deal with your addiction, you should consider the following points which will help in choosing the right programme for you.
- What personal circumstances am I dealing with?
- What do my finances look like?
- How severe is my addiction?
These are just a few of the questions you should ask yourself, but don’t get bogged down by the answers too much, rather see them as a way to define the parameters needed to make sure you get the individualised treatment you need to enhance the chances of sobriety and ultimately create a stable and fulfilling recovery. The road to your own success will be determined by the directions YOU choose to create.
One of the most important questions to ask when seeking out treatment for a drug and/or alcohol addiction is location, location, location. Some treatment programmes may be a short distance from home while others may require a lengthy drive across the province. Some may even require cross country movement. Depending on the severity of your addiction, inpatient treatment (staying at the treatment centre) may be required, you should think carefully about the pros and cons of each treatment centre. Remember, this is your journey and you are the captain of your recovery ship!
Here are a few common questions you may be asking:
- Is it better to get treatment close to home or at a remote centre?
To be honest, there isn’t really a straight forward answer to this. Your own personal circumstances and finances will play a factor in the decision.
Here are some arguments FOR treatment near home:
- It may be financially cheaper than travelling
- It may assist with an intervention, particularly if you desire to get a person to treatment quickly and easily.
- Family situations may be less affected.
Here are some arguments FOR treatment at a rehab centre:
- You remove the person from the people and scenarios which could be relapse triggers
- Rehab centres are protective places offering supportive, drug free environments
- Out of sight, out of mind. If a person is far from the lure of drug or alcohol access, there is less exposure to the thought of access to the substance.
- It is about you. Often a person who is near loved ones may focus on them rather than themselves which can hinder progress towards recovery.
Will individualised treatment help me recover and find sobriety?
When you send your car in to be serviced, the mechanic will look at your specific model and work on it specifically , a BMW will have different parts to a VW and so on. Similarly, individualised treatment is specifically tailored to each person’s own needs and requirements.
Not only is this important, but in addition individual treatment can also deal with physical and mental needs as part of the treatment. This is of particular importance to those who have co-occurring mental health issues.
Did you know : Impatient rehab centres that have individualised tailor made programmes see a higher rate of retention and observe better treatment outcomes when compared to regular non personal programmes?
Why should I consider a medical detox?
Firstly let’s define a medical detox. When you are aiming towards the goal of a sober state, there are certain drugs which will require that you address the physical addiction before you can conquer the psychological one. A medical detox aids and eases the severity of withdrawal symptoms.
Here are some of the drugs which often require a medical detox:
It will benefit you the most if you can get treatment for both physical and psychological addiction at the same place – which is the case for inpatient treatment.
Does my family play a role in my decision?
This depends on you. In certain circumstances having little or no contact with certain people particularly those who may accentuate or perpetuate your addiction is beneficial to your road to recovery. No temptation , triggering or encouragement towards a drug is best.
In other situations, the support of family and family therapy can play an integral part of your treatment. This also is something to consider if you are going to a centre near your home, where your loved ones can visit or if you are going to be far from home and visiting will require much time and effort.
How long is treatment?
This is a question with many factors leading to an answer. Inpatient programmes often require shorter treatment times due to the positive and intense nature of the treatment. It can vary from as little as 30 days to as long as several months or longer.
Here are the most basic factors which will impact the treatment duration :
The drug of abuse
The severity of the addiction
Your financial situation
Family matters, especially if someone is dependent on you
If you have a co-occurring disorder
Where is a reliable treatment centre which will look after my needs ?
I personally recommend Houghton House Alcohol and Drug Addiction Recovery and Rehabilitation Centre.
With 23 years of experience, Houghton House Group has offered high-quality Alcohol & Drug Addiction Recovery and Rehabilitation in South Africa.
They offer specialist treatment for those suffering with alcoholism and or drug dependency and is the leading treatment centre authority in drugs and alcohol as well as substance abuse treatment.
Working with the multi-disciplinary Minnesota Model of treatment, Houghton House provides a high success rate of Alcohol & Drug Addiction Recovery and Rehabilitation.
What is the Minnesota Model?
The Minnesota Model has evolved to become a holistic treatment model. It deals with substance abuse treatment. This combines the expertise of medical and therapeutic professionals. The Counsellors have hands on experience with the twelve steps, addiction treatment, dependency and recovery processes and techniques.
Why choose Houghton house?
- Houghton House offers a full spectrum of care for individuals from all walks of life including substance abuse evaluations, educational services, outpatient treatment, residential care, halfway house accommodation, relapse prevention and recovery support, encompassing long-term treatment.
- Houghton House offers substance abuse and addiction and alcohol treatment programme phases that address the different stages of addiction that the individual may be in.
- There is an experienced multi-disciplinary team of experts at Houghton House Drug & Alcohol Addiction Recovery & Rehabilitation.
- Treatment options offered include access to recovery and behavioural therapy for dual-diagnosis patients.
24 hour emergency helpline:
079 7707532 (local) +27 79 7707532 (international)
Office hours: 011 787 9142 (local) +27 11 787 9142 (international)