Who is it for:
Our intensive residential programme is a primary care programme ideal for sufferers of chemical dependency and all related addictive disorders.
Duration of Residential Programme:
30 or 42-day residential treatment programme
The Houghton House residential programme is situated in the peaceful suburb of Ferndale, Johannesburg. This relaxed 100% drug-free environment, away from the stresses of the client’s outside lifestyle, is a favourable setting for clients to focus on their recovery.
The initial focus of our residential programme is safe detoxification and stabilisation. We use a range of evidence-based, clinically proven practices accompanied by close medical supervision. Throughout the process, every client is treated with compassion, dignity, and respect.
We also focus on treatment for dual-diagnosis clients. Many people who come to Houghton House seeking treatment for their drug or alcohol addiction may also struggle with mental health issues such as depression, eating disorders, grief or anxiety. This combination of addiction along with a mental health issue is called a co-occurring disorder and is actually very common, which is why it is crucial to take a holistic approach when treating these disorders.
During this phase, we aim to equip them with the skills and resources they need to establish a firm foundation in recovery and to provide them with the tools to live a more manageable and productive life.
The Inpatient Residential Programme includes:
- a balanced yet intensive programme of therapeutic and recreational activities to assist clients to alter their lifestyles, attitudes and behaviours in a positive and meaningful way
- a daily programme of exercise, group therapy, lectures and written assignments
- individual and family counselling
- an introduction to Alcoholics Anonymous or Narcotics Anonymous, helping to build a strong and inclusive culture of recovery within the patient community
- Shared bedrooms
- Swimming pool
- On-site and secure parking
- Beautiful garden
Our staff members are highly qualified and proficient, treating clients with the dignity, care and empathy that they deserve to help them to re-establish a more positive self-image that is fundamental to overcoming their problem.
Our residential treatment centre is staffed by a range of professionals, including medical doctors, social workers, certified addiction counsellors, nursing staff, consulting psychologists and psychiatrists.
Residential Programme Range of Services:
- We offer a range of services for your personal situation, including:
- Detox facilities
- Expert counselling
- Psychiatric care
- The 12-Step process
- 24-hour care and supervision
- Medical supervision
- Educational, therapeutic and social activities.
For more information on dealing with alcohol or substance abuse and getting your loved one or self into a residential programme to start a new life, call Houghton House now: