Houghton House Virtual Outpatient Programme Addiction treatment services
Providing real-time intensive outpatient sessions via Zoom.
The 2020 Covid-19 Pandemic has wreaked havoc on the world. Job security is under pressure, social interaction has been all but reduced to nil as we battle on towards a healthier world. With that being said, although we have changed our lives to adapt to the ending of the pandemic through the National Lockdown and all the restrictions it brings with it, drug addiction and recovery has not suddenly paused. Rather, new and inspiring ways to work through addiction have been created and Houghton House Group of Treatment Centres is at the forefront of these new innovations with our Virtual Outpatient Programme.
As the world meets digitally, video communication has taken the lead as the most interactive form of meeting across the web. Within that realm, Zoom is a leader in terms of performance and capability and is a tool which has produced fantastic results. This tool is the very same one we use to drive our online outpatient Programme and it is proving to be an important step in the right direction for those needing assistance during the lockdown.
Here are a few things you need to know about our Zoom Virtual Outpatient Programme:
- The Programme is reduced from 6 weeks to 4 weeks.
- The Programme runs from Monday to Friday 5pm to 7pm.
- The Virtual Outpatient Programme includes group sessions and meetings with counsellors
- This will include group sessions and meetings with counsellors.
- If you have a computer with internet or a smartphone, you can download Zoom and join the meeting using a link or meeting ID provided by a Houghton House counsellor.
- Zoom meetings have audio and videos settings – you can mute and unmute so as to ensure that any background noise in your home does not override the therapy session.
- Meetings will be opened a few minutes before each session begins, so that participants can test and check their internet connections and troubleshoot any issues which may arise while connecting.
- Arrival on time and etiquette as per regular Out Patient Meetings is advised and encouraged.
With stay-at-home orders across South Africa, it is imperative for those seeking addiction treatment to continue their journey during these challenging times. The coronavirus pandemic can be a particularly tough time for those who have substance abuse disorders and we encourage you to check in with us to see if we can help you. Working from home can be stressful for people as the usual boundaries between work and personal can begin to blur. A person may also feel overwhelmed from having to care for children while balancing work and this can also be coupled with the feeling of disconnection from others. Remember that in times of stress or the unknown, addiction can attempt to re-establish itself in a person’s life, and now is the best time to use the tools we have to fight back.
If you have not heard of outpatient therapy, here are some of the important things you need to know:
- Houghton House Group of Treatment Centres has a division called First Step – which is the Outpatient division of the Group.
- First Step gives individuals the best possible chance of a successful recovery while they continue with their everyday lives. With Lockdown forcing a stay at home situation, it can be the very lifeline needed to assist in recovery.
- First Step employs life skills education to promote and maintain recovery.
- The Outpatient programme focuses mostly on behavioural and lifestyle changes. Alcoholics and drug addicts are supported and empowered with the necessary tools to manage their addictive behaviour patterns and attitude towards life.
- The outpatient treatment programme is based on the same principles as the residential programme.
- Essential aspects and components of the residential programme have been selected and combined to provide a condensed version for individuals who seek treatment but cannot book into a primary care facility.
Benefits of enrolling in the Zoom Virtual Outpatient Programme:
Flexibility, confidentiality, access to support, affordability, ongoing care.
Types of sessions offered on the Virtual platform:
Individual therapy sessions, group therapy sessions , assistance with reintegration , family workshops and lectures, educational groups, staff are highly qualified and proficient, clients treated with dignity, care and empathy.
In challenging times such as these, it is important to remember that we are here for you and will find new and innovative ways to continue or goal of assisting people through recovery so that they can achieve and excel in the life they were meant to have before addiction took over. Together with our Zoom virtual Outpatient Programme we can overcome the challenges of the pandemic and be there for you!