What you can and you can’t Bring to Rehab
Besides bringing a great attitude!
What to Bring to Rehab will probably be the last thing on your mind, obviously most importantly is to bring yourself along, with some motivation and willingness. Otherwise, the main goal is to be comfortable, in group and out and about in our beautiful gardens.
Houghton House is not too strict about what you can and cannot bring with you. However it is worth checking the list for things that you are not allowed to bring, to avoid disappointment.
What to bring for admission:
Rehabs Packing List
You already know what you should bring when you visit or travel. So packing for a visit at an addiction treatment facility, choosing what you need for the 3 – 6-week inpatient programme will be easier than you think. You may also call us and ask if you are not sure of an item to bring – call on 011 787 9142
It’s important to pack light and bring only the necessities. The most important things you should bring are these essential items including:
- Toiletries and towels
- Clothes – comfortable for cool and hot weather
- Walking shoes/trainers/takkies
- Bathing costume
- Pocket money for The Stop Shop (coffee/tuck shop) – to be handed in on admission. An amount at your discretion. Usually R500 is a good start up amount.
- Roll on deodorant
- Plastic hangers
- Prescription Medications
- Cigarettes ( available at the canteen on Houghton House inpatient premises)
- Hair clippers
What not to bring:
- Vests, spaghetti strap tops and tops that do not cover the midriff or other revealing clothing.
- Cell phone
- Rolling tobacco or pipe
- Handbag, wallet or purse
- No valuables
- Radio, CD’s, iPod’s or laptops
- Spray deodorant
- Perfume or after-shave
- Alcohol based mouth wash
- Any weapon of any kind
- Household furnishings and appliances
- Any items of excessive value
- Drug paraphernalia
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD THE CLIENTS BE GIVEN ANY MONEY DURING THEIR TREATMENT – PLEASE HAND MONEY IN AT RECEPTION OR TO A STAFF MEMBER ON DUTY
For more information on what you need to bring to Rehab and how to help yourself or a loved one with alcohol, drugs or any other addiction issue and getting yourself to start a new life, call Houghton House now:
office hours: 011 787 9142
24/7 emergency help line: 079 770 7532