Knowing how to spot drug addiction warning signs may help you spot a drug addiction in a loved one before it’s too late.
Most of the drug addiction warning signs have more to do with behaviour than actual physical signs.
Here are some of the most common drug addiction warning signs to look out for:
- Guilty behaviour. The addict usually feels guilty about using and will find it difficult looking you in the eye.
- Personality changes. The addict might be very moody and act out of character.
- Changes in energy levels. There might be changes in the addict’s energy levels, depending on the drug; it could be higher or lower.
- Change in concentration levels.
- Change in general appearance.
These are just some of the drug addiction warning signs you need to look out for. If you suspect that a loved one is addicted to drugs, you need to keep your eyes open for the warning signs. Getting professional help is probably the best way to determine a drug addiction. Drug addicts don’t come with a manual and it might be more difficult than you think to deal with a friend or family member’s addiction.
The Houghton House Group addiction treatment centre is based in Gauteng, South Africa. The treatment centres that form the group are specialised in drug addiction problems and have been treating people to successfully beat this disease for over 15 years.
The high success statistics and treatment facilities have brought patients into this program from all over the world